Custom Food Lab will make every effort to keep the Holiday Club open as planned, but in exceptional circumstances, we may need to close at short notice.
Possible reasons for emergency closure include:
- Multiple staff members needing to self-isolate
- Serious weather conditions
- Heating system failure
- Burst water pipes
- Fire or bomb scare/explosion
- Death of a member of staff or child
- Assault on a staff member or child
- Serious accident or illness
In the event of an emergency, our primary concern will be to ensure that both children and staff are kept safe. If it is necessary to evacuate the site, the following steps will be taken:
- If appropriate the session supervisor will contact the emergency services.
- All children will be escorted from the site to the assembly point (on the footpath just outside the school gates) using the nearest safe exit.
- No attempt will be made to collect personal belongings, or to re-enter the site after evacuation.
- A nominated member of staff will check the premises and will collect the register (including emergency contact details) providing that this does not put anyone at risk.
- The register will be taken and all children and staff accounted for.
- If any person is missing from the register, the emergency services will be informed immediately.
- The manager will contact parents to collect their children. If the register is not available, the manager will use the emergency contacts list (which is kept online).
- All children will be supervised until they are safely collected.