Thank you for booking for the GARDEN HOLIDAY CLUB. This page will contain all (hopefully!) the information you need so that your child can get the most out of their time in the Locavore Community Garden!
The Locavore Community Garden is located within the grounds of Martello Primary School – the entrance is right at the top of Warren Way (CT19 6DT).
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
In order to avoid any unnecessary contact between children and parents, we have devised a COVID safe route for dropping off and collecting children at the Locavore Community Garden.
TO DROP OFF, please bring your child through the large vehicle gate, up to the school car park where you will see the route around to the basketball court/MUGA. Please wait in there until someone comes to bring your child through to the garden – we will have a sign-in table there. Please do not leave your child on site before signing them in.
TO PICK UP, please come through the pedestrian gate on Warren Way (to the side of the vehicle gate). The children will be checked out from the garden gate. PLEASE BE ON TIME so we can keep this system running safely.
TIMETABLE FOR THE DAY
KEY STAGE 1
|9am||Arrival/registration for KS1 (exact location TBD)|
|9.15||Check-in with Rebecca or Char, introduction to the session and other team members|
|10.45||Break and snack|
|11.45||Closure/check out with Rebecca|
|12.30pm||PICK UP (exact location tbd)|
KEY STAGE 2
|1pm||Arrival/registration for KS2 (exact location TBD)|
|1pm||Check-in with Rebecca or Char, introduction to the session and other team members|
|14.45||Break and snack|
|16.00||Closure/check out with Rebecca|
|16.30||PICK UP (exact location tbd)|
Fridays have been designed as family days. We anticipate that each child will attend with one parent/carer, but if you would like to bring other siblings, parents/carers or family members, please just let us know. We can almost certainly accommodate this but need advance notice to keep numbers manageable and for catering. They will follow the same timetable as the other days except for the final Friday (27th).
PLEASE NOTE THAT ON FRIDAY 27th AUGUST WE WILL BRING BOTH AGE GROUPS TOGETHER FOR A SINGLE LARGER CELEBRATORY SESSION FROM 11am – 3pm
WHAT TO BRING
- Your HAF/ReConnect Free School Meals Voucher (N.B. you only need to bring this on your first visit). Not received one? Follow this link: https://kentcc-self.achieveservice.com/service/Request_a_Reconnect_voucher_Process and they will issue the missing voucher.
- A bottle of water with your child’s name on it (there will be water on site for top-ups
- Sun cream
- Any medication your child may need (e.g. asthma inhalers) with a written letter about how this is to be used
N.B. A healthy lunch and snack will be provided as part of the holiday club so it is not necessary to bring food.
Please dress your child appropriately for the weather and outdoor activities (including gardening!). This might include:
- Welly boots or waterproof boots/shoes
- Extra layers on a cool or breezy day (the garden is quite exposed)
- Sun hat
HEALTH & SAFETY
The Locavore Community Garden is a working space for growing food. It is a ‘real life’ environment, not a playground or classroom. As such, we manage health and safety carefully, with a thorough health and safety policy and we maintain a risk assessment in partnership with Turner Schools estates team and our staff are aware of all the risks on site. As part of the welcome chat, we will outline some of the things children will need to be aware of. If you have any concerns about your child’s awareness of risk and ability to understand hazards and signage, feel free to contact us in advance.
We have a COVID Policy in place and it is mandatory that your observe this policy whilst your child is attending the Holiday Club. Whilst our outdoor setting makes it easy to maintain a good distance and get lots of fresh air, there will be approx 70-80 children on site at various times over the 4 weeks. In order to avoid unnecessary contact and keep both staff and participants safe, we have carefully considered the risks and procedures that we are managing during this time. Please note that whilst the first priority is avoiding possible serious illness, we are also particularly keen to avoid any contact which might lead to staff or participants needing to isolate as this could mean shutting down of the entire Holiday Club.
Our designated safeguarding lead is Charlene Jones. If you have any safeguarding concerns or questions, she can be contacted by email at any time – email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What time is drop off and pick up?
– Key Stage 1 Groups begin at 9am and finish at 1pm
– Key Stage 2 Groups begin at 12.30pm and finish at 4.30pm
– On 27th August everyone begins at 11am and finishes at 3pm
- What happens if I am running late or have to cancel?
– If you know in advance that you are going to be late or have to cancel, please just drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please try to be on time if at all possible, as lateness will disrupt the session for the whole group. If you cannot avoid being late, please call or text us on 07963 701268 or 07912039402.
– The gate will be locked if you arrive late, so please call us on the numbers above for access.
- What happens if someone in our household has COVID?
– If you have had close contact with anyone either after they have received a positive test for COVID or in the 48 hours before that test, please DO NOT COME TO THE GARDEN. Whilst the garden is a very safe environment, this depends entirely on people taking necessary precautions. Drop us an email to let us know. You will find more information (including how to order a PCR test) in our COVID Policy.
- What happens if I or my child feel unwell?
– If you or your child feel unwell, please refer to the latest guidance on COVID symptoms. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms or are in any doubt at all, please DO NOT COME TO THE GARDEN. Please do not return to the garden unless you have had a negative PCR test. Whilst the garden is a very safe environment, this depends entirely on people taking necessary precautions. Drop us an email to let us know if this happens to you. You will find more information (including how to order a PCR test) in our COVID Policy.
– If you find that your symptoms are not related to COVID, we would ask that you manage them just as you would on a normal school day and are happy to discuss with you what the most appropriate action to take is. Please email us or (if last minute) call us on 07963 701268 or 07912039402.
- What happens if a staff member has to self-isolate?
– Parents/Carers of any children who have been in close contact with the staff member will be contacted immediately
– The staff member will self-isolate for the appropriate time and only return to work after a negative PCR test
– We have put in place as much back-up cover as possible for our staff, but it is impossible to cover every eventuality. In the situation where we cannot offer a safe adult-child ratio for session, we will contact all families at the earliest possible moment to cancel.
- What happens if a child attending the Holiday Club has to self-isolate?
– Parents/Carers of any other children who have been in close contact with the child will be contacted immediately
– We will ask the isolating child’s parents/carers to ensure a negative PCR result is obtained before the child returns to the garden
- Can I attend with my child?
– The sessions on Tuesdays – Thursdays are designed for children to attend independently, but we welcome family involvement and trust that you know what is best for your child. If you would like to be more involved, please just get in touch – email@example.com
– Fridays have been specially designed for families (please see above).
- My child has an allergy, additional needs or requires support, what can I do?
– If you have notified us at time of booking, this will be on our system. If we have any queries we will contact you.
– If you didn’t notify us, or aren’t sure, please get in touch and let us know.
– We know that children need extra support for all kinds of reasons and we will do our best to create equal access to the holiday club within the limits of budget and resources. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything you would like to discuss.
- What if the weather is awful?
– We will have a large bell tent on site, so we do not anticipate cancelling any sessions due to weather unless it is so extreme it would make the site unsafe. In this case we will contact parents/carers in advance