The Locavore Growing Project team are thrilled to be offering another brilliant free Garden Holiday Club from their community garden at Martello Primary School. After the roaring success of their summer holiday club, we are now able to offer a winter version, thanks to funding from the Kent Holiday Activities and Food programme, together with ReConnect. Running from 20th-23rd December inclusive for children who qualify for benefits-related free school meals, the club will include a range of activities around the theme of festive folklore, including:
- preparing hot meals every day together over an open fire with Cherry and Charmaine
- reading stories about wintery folklore with Books For Change
- keeping active, warm and mindful with Brigit from Two Tone Yoga
- Winter solstice drumming with Kevin
- finding our inner festive faeries with Dita Garbo
- and doing lots of nature craft and garden activities with the Locavore team
The club is able to offer limited 1to1 support for children with SEN, so please contact the team if you need this extra support – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Locavore Winter Garden Holiday Club will run from 10am-2pm on 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd December 2021, at the Locavore Community Garden (Martello School, Warren Way). Bookings are for the full block of four days, include a hot lunch and snack and are completely free for any children who qualify for benefits-related free school meals. It is open to children from any local school.
We hope to see you there!